Thursday, October 20, 2011

Danada

I enjoy finding those places that transport you to another time.  One that is high on my list for local must sees is the Danada Forest Preserve.  Danada is the former estate of Daniel Rice and his wife, Ada, racehorse enthusiasts who bred champion Thoroughbreds. With amazing conservation and educational programs, plus the overall history of Danada, it is hard not to fall in love with its rich character.       


The Danada House...where my husband and I got married...sweet memories! 
 
Some of the fall beds in the formal garden.




I know a mum is a mum, but you can't beat their scrumptious colors in the fall!


The back of the Danada House.




Such a peaceful place....



8 comments:

  1. What a lovely place to get married! Like a dream... XOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a great place for a fall visit. I like the way the Feather Reed Grass stands like sentries on the outer perimeter of the flowerbeds.There is a lot of garden snobbery that dismisses fall mums, but when used well, mums can add a nice hit of color. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the shot of the back of the house. Beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful place! What a lovely place to get married.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a lovely place, I loved the stone work on the house. The mums are amazing, I don't care if mum snobs hate 'em, what's to hate about that gorgeous color and late bloom-time? I'd love to see the horses, so dear to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous place! And the perfect setting for a wedding. No matter what the purists may say about mums, there's nothing quite like them to provide some gorgeous fall color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This really is a colorful place. Those mums really excite the Fall gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely garden. I wish I can also have that kind of garden, spacious and colorful. Thanks a lot for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments brighten my day! Thanks for stopping by!